National Nurse Leader of the Year!Posted by: rosegardennj
Alicia Fereno Awarded National Nurse Leader of the Year!
Alicia Fereno MSN, RN, CDONA, FACDONA, IP-BC—National – Ms. Fereno is the Director of Nursing at the Rose Garden Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Toms River, NJ. Rose Garden is currently the only 5 star facility in Tom’s River and this is in no small part because of Ms. Fereno’s hard work. She has 29 years experience working in long-term care, 24 of which has been at Rose Garden. This award was presented to her by the National Association Directors of Nursing Administration (NADONA) during the 2020 NADONA virtual conference which took place on November 2nd. We are so proud of what Ms. Fereno has achieved and what she has done for the residents of Rose Garden during a difficult time.
Mr. Shawn, owner of Rose Garden Nursing & Rehabilitation, says a few words during NADONA’s 2020 awards ceremony.
Ms. Fereno accepts the award for Nurse Leader of the Year during NADONA’s Virtual Conference 2020.
Ms. Fereno’s Certifications
- Qualified Department of Health Evaluator for Certification of Nurses’ Aides
- MDS (Minimum Data Set Certified)
- NADONA Certified Director of Nursing Administration in LTC
- NADONA Board Certified Infection Prevention
- PRI Certified
- Advisory council member of the Ocean County Vocational/Technical School for Long Term Care Nurses Aide
- Advisory council member of the Ocean County College
- Education member of the NJADONA
- Educational Chairman of the PNN -Ocean County
- Certificate of Achievement – NHSN Reporting, 2017
- Certificate of Excellence
- New Jersey Association of Director of Nurses
- Infection Preventionist
Ms. Fereno’s Past Awards
- Top Recruiter awarded by the Philippine Nurses Association of NJ on September 14, 2019
- Selected as a Finalist of the Nurse of the Year Award by March of Dimes on September 10, 2019
- Member of Sigma Theta International, May 2019
- President of the Philippine Nurses Association of New Jersey
- Ocean County Sub¬ Chapter for year 2018
- Recipient of the Rising Star Award for year December 8, 2018 by the Philippine Nurses Association
- Recipient of the “100 Club# Area Subchapter for year 2018 by the Philippine Nurses Association
- 2016-2018 President-elect of the Philippine Nurses Association of New Jersey
- Ocean County Sub-Chapter; Certification of Award, Above and Beyond Recognition from the New Jersey Association of Director of Nursing Administration April 2017
- Vice President of the Philippine Nurses Association of New Jersey
- Ocean County Sub-Chapter for year 2016.
- Excellence Award from NJADONA
- “Deficiency Free Survey, April 2014-April 2015”
- On April 20, 2013, Alicia was recognized for 22 years of excellent service in Nursing LTC by NJADONA
- Certificate of Recognition for outstanding commitment, service and dedication as Vice President
- Vice President of the Philippine Nurses Association of New Jersey; Ocean County Sub¬ Chapter for year 2012
- Recipient of the Nurse Administrator of the year 2011 by the Philippine Nurses Association NJ
- Recipient of the Nurse Leader Award for year 2010 by the Philippine Nurses Association Ocean Subchapter
- April 14, 2011 received the Excellence Award at the NJADONA Conference
- The New Jersey Association of Director of Nursing Administration proudly honored Alicia Fereno as Director of Nursing of the Year for 2010
“NADONA has been the leading advocate and educational organization for DONs, ADONs and Nurse Leaders in long-term and post-acute care since 1986. With 32 state chapters, it continues to be the largest organization representing nurses working in long-term and post-acute care settings. NADONA offers a wide array of services to its members, including educational materials, national and state conferences, scholarships, Infection Prevention Certificate of Mastery Program, Antibiotic Stewardship Certificate of Mastery Program; Pathfinder Program, Executive Fellows Leadership Academy, Director of Nursing, Licensed Practical Nurse, Assisted Living, Geriatric Diabetes certification programs, a mentoring program and a quarterly journal, The Director. Through its publications and programs, NADONA reaches approximately 20,000 nurses who are employed in long-term care.”